Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Baby, Dont Lie

I took a picture of every figure your hips would attempt to trace
The awkward truth of washed-out love was installed on your face
For the longest while, I tried to smile, thinking doubt would die
You had to melt into the night, I told a simple lie

The rainwater parties, daydream illusions of people we used to know
Share the secrets they love to hide, putting it all on show
I can't remember that dull September you gave me a bottled sigh
I was wreck to say the least, I told another simple lie

Never knew the trouble it takes to bury those terrible ways
I need to change, mature and change, I've known it all these days
I'm too long owned by girls who moaned at the thought the moon would cry
I had to find my own way out by telling a simple lie

Empty's empty - nothing fills her, time is her enemy
I couldn't find the road back home when everything was up to me
Tried not to repeat all my awful defeats and I needed no good reason why
You'd never know the price of truth by telling me a simple lie

The ten inch finger points me out to a sentence most unfair
The smiling faces on the underground don't seem to really care
I was young, I couldn't hold my tongue; I was never all that shy
I was held in cruel contempt for telling quite a simple lie

Somebody told me a secret again, trusting that I wouldn't tell
Everything they did smelled of vague regret, another coin into the wishing well
Grinding it out before I'm thrown about by a destiny too damn sly
I thought I'd write an honest poem, but I told another simple lie

No comments:

Post a Comment