Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Help, and a Card, for an Injured Cyclist


Dear Diary:
As I rode uptown toward my class, I turned on 105th Street toward Broadway. Without any warning, my bicycle stopped and I was thrown over the handlebars into the middle of the street. A carefully disguised pothole had eaten my front wheel.
I opened my eyes to see a car stopped a couple of feet in front of me and three people surrounding me. The two young men urged me to stay still, while the middle-aged woman loaded my bicycle into her S.U.V. The S.U.V. was parked at an angle to stop traffic.
I was placed into a cab and rushed to the emergency room. After hours of haze and various castings, I was discharged.
The next month I worked to meet all my obligations and figure out how to coordinate various fractures. Eventually, I checked the pockets of the pants I was wearing during my accident. There was a business card that had written on it: “Get better soon. You can pick up your bike any time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment